- The Jonathan Edwards on the Fringes of the American Enlightenment panel at the Twenty-Fourth Annual Omohundro Institute Conference. June 14–17, 2018. William & Mary College: Williamsburg, Virginia.
- “The Acme of American Glory, Liberty, and Prosperity: Early Mormonism and Jacksonian Democracy.” The Politics of Religion section at the Eighth International Conference on Religion & Spirituality in Society. April 17–18, 2018. University of California at Berkeley: Berkeley, CA.
- Winner: The Religion in Society Emerging Scholar Award.
- “The “Great sin of Consulting a Witch”: Witchcraft in the Early Eighteenth Century and in the Mind of Jonathan Edwards.” The World of Jonathan Edwards panel at the American Society of Church History, Annual Winter Meeting. January 4 – 7, 2018. Washington, D.C.
- “Concocting, Crafting, and Conjuring the Gold Plates: An Evaluation of Secular Approaches to the Book of Mormon’s Discovery.” Book of Mormon Studies: Toward a Conversation. October 13 – 14, 2017. Utah State University: Logan, UT.
- “Joseph Smith, Jacksonian American: Early Mormonism, the 1844 Election, and the Politics of Antebellum America.” Mormon Historical Association Conference. June 1 – 4, 2017. St. Louis, MO.
- “Quentin Quesnell’s Secret Mark Secret: A Report of Quentin Quesnell’s 1983 trip to Jerusalem and his inspection of the Mar Saba Document.” Ancient Christianity panel at the New England regional meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting. March 31, 2017. Yale University Divinity School: New Haven, CT.
- “The Eyes to See Things That Are Not: A Secular Perspective on Secular Approaches to the Discovery of the Book of Mormon.” Religion in Secular Spaces panel at the Sixth Biennial Faith and Knowledge Conference. February 25, 2017. Harvard University Divinity School: Cambridge, MA.
- “A Prophet for President: Joseph Smith and the Election of 1844.” February 10, 2017. New Haven Institute of Religion for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: New Haven, CT.
- “O Ye of Little Faith: The Jesus Myth Theory, Its Proponents, and Culture.” Bible, Myth, and Myth Theory panel at the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting. November 21, 2016. San Antonio, TX.
- “Joseph Smith for President!: Mormonism and the 1844 Race for the United States Presidency.” Religion and Resistance in Nineteenth & Twentieth Century America panel at the Second Annual Boston University Graduate Conference on Religious Studies. October 1, 2016. Boston University: Boston, MA.
- “Execution of the Penalty: Mormons, Ex-Mormons, Research and the Revealing of Temple Secrets.” Reinterpreting Heresy panel at the Second International meeting of the Society for Heresy Studies. June 2, 2016. New York University: New York City, NY.
- “Joseph Smith Jr. and Immaterial Mormon Materials: Secular Approaches to the Discovery of the Book of Mormon.” Historical Theology panel at the New England regional meeting of the American Academy of Religion meeting. April 2, 2016. Boston College: Boston, MA.