- Joseph Smith, the Mormon Prophet: A Companion to His Life and Work (Cascade Companions; Eugene: Cascade Books, [under contract]).
- Jonathan Edwards and the Dark Side of the Enlightenment. Co-edited with John T. Lowe. To be published in the “New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies” (Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht) in cooperation with the Jonathan Edwards Studies at Yale University [in development].
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
Early Modern American Religious History
- “The Long Eighteenth Century Colonial Bishop Controversy in Global Perspective” [in progress].
- “Joseph Smith, the Election of 1844, and the Jacksonian Imagination” [in progress].
- “On Richard Carrier’s Doubts: A Response to Richard Carrier’s On the Historicity of Jesus: Why We Might Have Reason for Doubt.” [in progress].
- “Quentin Quesnell’s Secret Mark Secret: A Report of Quentin Quesnell’s 1983 Trip to Jerusalem and His Inspection of the Mar Saba Document.” Co-authored with Stephan Huller.Vigiliae Christianae 71.4 (2017): 353–78.
- “Jesus of Nazareth, Bad Feminist?: A Brief Meta-Analysis of Women within the Jesus Tradition and Feminist Ideology.” Glossolalia: The Graduate Journal of Yale Divinity School 7.1 (2016): 41-50.
- “Among Dogs and Disciples: An Examination of the Story of the Canaanite Woman (Matthew 15:21–28) and the Question of the Gentile Mission within the Matthean Community.” Neotestamentica 48.2 (2014): 325–340.
- “The Great Awakening and the American Revolution.” Journal of the American Revolution: Annual Volume 2017. Edited by Todd Andrlik and Don N. Hagist (Yardley: Westholme, 2017): 51-65.
REFERENCE BOOK ENTRIES
- “Theodicy.” Encyclopedia of Jonathan Edwards. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company and the Jonathan Edwards Center at Yale University, [forthcoming].
- “Christian Polygamy.” Encyclopedia of Women in World Religions: Faith and Culture Across History. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, [forthcoming].
POPULAR ACADEMIC WORKS
- “Is the Truth Good Enough?: Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy and the Noble Lie in Justice and Politics.” Humans and Paragons: Essays on Super-Hero Justice. Edited by Ian Boucher. Sequart Research & Literacy Organization, 2017: 157-173.
- The Mormon Jesus: A Biography (Cambridge: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2016) by John G. Turner. International Journal for the Study of New Religions [submitted].
- A House Full of Females: Plural Marriage and Women’s Rights in Early Mormonism, 1835-1870 (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2017), by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. Religion & Gender [submitted].
- Jonathan Edwards and Transatlantic Print Culture (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016) by Jonathan M. Yeager. Wesley and Methodist Studies 9.2 (2017): 191-192.
- A New Gospel for Women: Katharine Bushnell and the Challenge of Christian Feminism (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015) by Kristin Kobes Du Mez. Relegere: Studies in Religion and Reception 6.2 (2016): 280-283.
- Religion of a Different Color: Race and the Mormon Struggle for Whiteness (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015) by W. Paul Reeve. John Whitmer Historical Association Journal 36.2 (2016): 90-92.